A unique twist on sausage and peppers. A touch on the healthier side with chicken sausage subbed in for pork sausage. There is also spaghetti squash as a base to the dish as well. Feel free to add in anything you would like or sub in and our per your tastes!
- 1 pound of hot chicken sausage
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- Yellow, Red and Green bell peppers
- Crushed red peppers (optional)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Halve the spaghetti squash and scoop out the seeds
- Lightly oil the flesh side
- Place flesh side down on tinfoil on baking sheet and roast 30-45 minutes until flesh is fork tender
You can make that ahead of time and let it cool before breaking it up.
- Have a hot grill ready and grill up the sausage
- Lightly rub the peppers with olive oil
- Grill the peppers until there is a char around the peppers
- Place spaghetti squash large bowl after scooping it out of the skin
- Add up diced peppers and sausage
- Sprinkle with EVOO and crushed red peppers if extra heat is desired!
Make it the best day!