Here is a healthier take on a pretty tasty dish. It omits mayo and replaces it with avocado. Served on bread or toast it is quite the tasty treat. Feel free to get creative, add hot peppers for some spice or bell peppers for color. Don’t forget it will be green because of the avocado!
- 2, 6-ounce cans tuna. Prefer solid white albacore packed in water
- 1 ripe avocado, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup minced celery
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- A splash of a spicy mustard will give it a nice kick (this is optional)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
Mash the avocado with a fork and then add the rest of the ingredients on top of that. Mix well to combine and season to your taste!
Make it the best day!