Chances are your alarm went off this morning and a few things came into your head.
- S*** it’s Monday and I can’t sleep in
- Traffic is going to be brutal
- I’m really tired can I just lay here for a while?
Those are just a few samplings I have heard and experienced. Feel free to add you own. Then you can re-create from the sounds of it, a “beautiful and empowering morning!” (I am still getting used to this blog thing. So that was sarcasm if I didn’t lay it our clearly. 🙂
This isn’t going to be a rah rah rah you’re the best and Monday’s are awesome speech. Even though I am capable of delivering it. If you need one let me know!
It’s about using the tools you already have to alter your mind set and create greatness whenever your mind or body want to create doubt. We can bathe in self-depreciation and doubt all day because it is easy. What are you left with at the end of the day? A feeling of exhaustion, less self worth, and an overall bad attitude?
Make small changes to your mindset and self talk to create an unstoppable you. Instead of casting doubt on your talents, abilities and how terrible your week will be. Start your day with a positive affirmation and smile. You will be surprised how much different you will FEEL. The way you FEEL will dictate your day and the best part is. YOU can CONTROL how you FEEL!
Don’t believe me? Try one or all five of the following things when you wake up feeling crummy, stuck in traffic, just got into an argument, etc, you get the idea.
- Smile (It’s really that easy)
- Say OUT LOUD 3 things you are thankful for in your life. Insert them into the following sentence “I am so happy and thankful for…..”
- Put on your favorite good mood song and sing along to the whole thing!
- Think about what makes you happy everyday (children, spouse, pet, your car) Say out loud “Driving in my awesome 2004 Sebring makes me feel like a total badass”
- Find a quite spot and breathe easy for 5 minutes. Each inhale focus on your breath. Each exhale smile
Life is about feeling. You can change yours in one minute or one second. Remember, you can only truly control you and your thoughts. So why not take those thoughts and make them positive? Make them life altering. Give your thoughts power to make you feel amazing and unstoppable! We are all full of greatness, don’t be afraid to dig deep and find yours.
For the betterment of you and everyone in your life….Dominate your DAY!!
Make it the best day!
(I do realize I used some all caps words up there. Normally I stray away from that. However, those words are important and I would yell them at you if we sitting in the same room 🙂