It’s only Thursday?
There are a lot of options here. How about one that hasn’t been mentioned.
Turn it around!!
The worst feeling in the world is not getting enough sleep and knowing you have a 10 hour day laid out in front of you. You are tired, cranky, and feel worse then this guy.
So here is a list of surefire ways to turn your day around, and since I like things to be organized it’s an easy to follow list!
1. Smile. Even if it just to yourself at your desk, while you stare at the wall.
2. Say good morning to people. This goes a long way to losing those grumpy pants. Most people will smile in return thus getting us back to step one!
3. Listen to your favorite song song. Optional extra credit is to sing or dance along. It will get those feel good endorphins going and put you on the path to mood boosting.
4. Send a random and weird picture to one of your best friends. The response will be priceless. Most of the time.
5. Stand out in the sun for five minuets. This is a great one to pair with number three. SUNSHINE boosts levels of serotonin – the body’s natural happy hormone. That’s why we tend to feel happier and more energetic when the sun shines.
6. Say “Thank You” to someone who holds the door for you or does anything that was a pleasant surprise. Most likely a smile will follow and using manners is always wonderful.
7. “When you can’t change the direction of the wind, adjust your sails”
– H. Jackson Brown Jr.
I love this quote. It gives you the power to make your day better even if what put you in a crummy mood is out of your control.
8. Find something that smells good. Then smell it! Things like lemon, fresh fruit, just mowed grass, or basil. Anything fresh and bright will do. It will wake up your brain and bring a smile to your face.
9. Eat some of the following foods. They have been shown to beat stress and a grumpy mood. Eggs, dark leafy greens like kale, pumpkin seeds, fish rich in omega 3 such as salmon, flaxseed, and dark chocolate.
10. Stuck at your desk or you can’t seem to do any of the above. Watch this Video (you’re going to need four minutes) or tune into your favorite funny video.
11. Workout! It will increase your blood flow and give you more energy to make it through these last few days of the week.
Whatever method you choose, whether it’s from the list or not OWN IT! Make it turn your day around. Have it empower you to smile and make other peoples’ days that much better. Instead of being the office grump be a day maker.
Use your powerful energy to make the most out of any situation. With just a few simple tricks you can turn that frown upside down. Sorry I had to put that in here somewhere.